- December 11, 2017
- Posted by: hitechmembranes
- Category: RO System
After its successful growth as a home water purification system in the year 1970, Reverse osmosis has gained an immense popularity since then. When it comes to treating hard water, Reverse Osmosis(RO) water purifier proves to be venerable. RO Water Filter System removes dissolved materials and contaminants from the water that has been fed. This water purifier system uses a semi-permeable RO Membrane through which permeate is allowed to flow. During this process it filters out the admixtures such as arsenic, nitrates, sodium, copper and lead and some organic chemicals. These RO membranes are also restricted to bacteria and disease-causing pathogens. Thus, reverse osmosis is remarkably plausible at desalinating water and providing filth free water for drinking and other applications. As every system has its own list of pros and cons, the reverse osmosis systems too has several downsides which makes it ineffective means of purifying drinking water. Depending on which RO water filter system you have installed, many reverse osmosis systems removes the essential elements along with the filth. Iron, calcium and manganese are a few of the elements that are highly vital that may get removed in the filtration process. Extracting these essential elements from our drinking water doesn’t constitute much of a problem, as we can get these minerals from a mineral-rich diet. Apart from this there are several other drawbacks that the current RO water filter systems are trying to overcome.
Here are some of the most significant reasons to support and oppose RO systems:
- Upto 95-99% of total dissolved solids TDS , chlorine, fluoride and other impurities are removed from the water with the help of Reverse osmosis water purifier systems.
- Industries such as auto finishing, textiles and pharmaceuticals require ultra pure water which is served only by RO.
- A reverse osmosis system produces gallons of pure water for pennies which saves your money from not purchasing a bottled water
- They do not churn out or use any harmful chemicals during the filtration process making it an environment friendly solution to water filtration
- The taste of food is highly influenced by the impurities in your home’s water. There’s a great impact on the flavors of the food you cook using ro water and this is the reason why best restaurants today now use RO water for cooking.
- RO systems require minimal amount of power which makes them energy efficient.
- One of the shortcomings of reverse osmosis is that it de-mineralizes the essential minerals from the water. Some minerals are of great prominence to human health.
- The RO systems consists of small pores that becomes clogged by the smut from the water.Thus it must be maintained routinely for better performance
- Water wastage is the biggest drawback of reverse osmosis. About Half of the water fed for filtration process is wasted
- Abundance Time and Tolerance is required as the ro system operating at a relatively low water pressures takes longer than usual for feed to pass through the RO Membrane
- RO water filter systems needs proper cleaning and maintenance once a year or it might result in the replacement of the entire unit
Every water purifier technology today has its own list of merits and demerits. RO systems delivers pure and healthy water compared to any other technology today. Despite the drawbacks of the reverse osmosis system, Millions of residents chose RO water purifiers, as the benefits of this system outweighs its ill effects.